By submitting your personal information to us, or by using this website and/or accessing our services, you agree to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of information in accordance with this policy.
If you do not provide the information Chewzie requests, we may not be able to provide you with our services effectively or at all.
What is personal information?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) describes personal information as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
For example your name, signature, address, date of birth, or bank account details.
What personal information does Chewzie collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our website or use our services, including when placing an order.
Personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- your contact details, including your name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- your transactional order and payment details;
- other information reasonably relevant to the provision of our services (details or history of preferences, interests and behaviour in relation to transactions, products, services and activities on our website);
- your preferences to enable us to improve our service and product offering to you;
- any other personal information you provide to us in relation to your access to the website or our services;
- your internet protocol address;
- your browser type;
- the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website;
- details of the pages within the website you visit; and
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our website, access times, dates and other statistics.
How and why Chewzie collects and stores your personal information
We collect personal information through only lawful and fair means, including for the purposes of providing you with access to our website and services and for the purposes of use set out below.
It is our usual practice to only collect personal information directly from you, however, there may be situations where we collect information from other sources or third parties.
Chewzie may collect your personal information in certain circumstances, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to Chewzie or contractors, including through the website or support call centre or through website technologies such as cookies, cookies, log data, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection;
- in the form of system data, which may contain personal information for the purposes of resolving issues or faults with your web ordering system; and
- from third parties such as restaurants through whom you access our services.
Chewzie holds personal information from or about you electronically and in occasionally in paper form.
How Chewzie uses your personal information
The personal information you provide to Chewzie may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, depending on the circumstances in which it was collected, including:
- to provide a point of sale ordering and payment business or web ordering solutions to hospitality and retail venues;
- to deal with specific support issues that you have raised;
- in connection with services provided to you by you or your eftpos services provider;
- to provide information to you about Chewzie;
- evaluate information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website.
- to analyse statistics and trends on the use of all Chewzie services including the Chewzie website and support centre, and to provide anonymised statistical information to hospitality and retail venues;
- other purposes which Chewzie identifies to you at the time the information is collected (or as soon as practicable after collection);
- to provide you with our services, which may require that we disclose and allow access to other third party service providers, including providers of software that integrates with Chewzie’s products and services;
- to communicate with you by email, phone, or SMS in connection with our products and services, to verify your identity, respond to your complaints and provide you with customer service;
- to better understand your point of sale and web ordering needs;
- to improve the quality and provision of services, including the provision of information to third parties to perform data analyses;
- for software and hardware fault resolution purposes;
- to enable us to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity, including unauthorised transactions, in relation to Chewzie’s products and services;
- to provide, administer and manage Chewzie’s products and services including to provide all available features of our products and services, and any integrated third party products or services, to process transactions, authenticate you when you access a Chewzie product or service and provide customer support;
- to assist third parties in the provision of products or services that you request from third parties;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies or to comply with a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, including in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions, prevention of fraud, ensuring data security;
- to provide you with further information about services and products we think may interest you;
- for direct marketing, promotional and lead generation activities;
- for any other purpose consented to by you; and
- for any other purpose related to any of the above purposes, as permitted under the privacy legislation.In the event we hold personal information that is unsolicited, and we were not permitted to collect it, the personal information will be destroyed as soon as practicable. If we collect personal information about you from someone else, we will advise you, as soon as and as far as practicable, that this information has been collected and the circumstances of the collection.
Your personal information may be used to provide you with information about products and services. You have the right to opt-out of receiving this information. You may exercise that right at any time by contacting Chewzie. However, some of our services may include a direct marketing and promotional communications feature as part of the service which cannot be removed and, as such, you may not be able to access or use some of our website or services if you elect to opt-out of all direct promotional and marketing communications.
Sharing your personal information
Chewzie may disclose your personal information in circumstances where there is a legal requirement to do so, where you have consented to Chewzie doing so, or for any of the purposes (or related purposes) listed above.Chewzie may disclose your personal information to:
- Chewzie’s service providers, including service providers that assist us to operate, provide, improve, integrate, customise, support, monitor and market our products and services. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose such data except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We use reasonable endeavours to contractually require these service providers to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf;
- providers of software that integrates with Chewzie’s products and services;
- specified persons in accordance with a request made by you;
- third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- people who Chewzie has contracted out services including those engaged in providing Chewzie with professional, business, information technology, corporate and administrative services, when reasonably required;
- Chewzie’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- governmental agencies, including law enforcement agencies, as required or authorised by law;
- a third party as part of a sale of Chewzie or its business to enable the continuation of the provision of services to you; and
- to any other person for any other purpose that would be reasonably expected.
Access to and correction of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.If you need to access or correct any personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the “Contact Us” details set out below. We request that you provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek access to or correction of, in order to help us retrieve it. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable.An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing the requested information to you. In certain circumstances, we may refuse to provide you with access or to correct your personal information including, but not limited to where:
- giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If that is the case, we will give you our reasons for that decision. Where we decide not to update your personal information, you can request us to attach to the personal information a statement of the update sought. In some circumstances where we correct a record, we may still require the retention of the original record.
If you feel that we are in breach of an Australian Privacy Principle under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we would ask that any complaint should be made first in writing to us. We will then respond to your complaint in writing and in accordance with any timeframes required by law. We may request you to provide further information about your complaint to duly assess your complaint. For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
The security of your personal information is important to us, however no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.